Monday, July 18, 2011

LITTLE DATING DIARY # 3 - Music Review Christina Perri


Okay I think I can safely say that we are all getting a little bit over Adele? Are people downloading her songs twice, three times? Not sure how it’s possible that she keeps topping the charts.

Anyway – I have an alternative for you. I've been listening to Christina Perri’s Lovestrong album and I highly recommend it. She’s no manufactured artist either. Having taught herself how to play guitar as a 16-year-old by watching a videotape of Shannon Hoon from the group Blind Melon.

She’s obviously got some relationship angst/recover kudos too. She moved to Los Angeles on her 21st birthday (gutsy move) Later that year she got married but then divorced 18 months later. She wrote Jar of Hearts when she moved temporarily back to her home town of Philadelphia.

Now living in LA again, having waitressed & song written her way to some success. The album is quirky & with depth. It’s a great one for an early dater or someone getting over a guy. It’s more upbeat than Adele – and less self pitying. It’s about karma and self will and belief. Guys – you will understand women through this album and women – you will search a bit more of yourself I think.

I believe in the power or music in dating. I survived many a rough ride and got back on my feet through it’s power. My tip – download this onto your ipod and hit the pavement. These lovely winter days are calling us for some exercise. Get lost in the melody and empower yourself with good thoughts and vibes. You never know who you might run into on the path.

Enjoy. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment